The Ohio Access to Justice Foundation has an immediate opening for a Communications & Special Projects Associate.
Job Title: Communications & Special Projects Associate
Status: Full-Time, Exempt Position
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience beginning at $45,000 and generous benefits package
The Ohio Access to Justice Foundation is a statewide, nonprofit organization that improves fairness and access to justice for all Ohioans. Established in 1994 as the Ohio Legal Assistance Foundation, the Foundation funds legal aid and other access to justice initiatives. Through the Foundation’s work, Ohioans have access to legal help, advice, and representation, which ensures fairness for all in the justice system.
The Communications & Special Projects Associate supports all aspects of the Foundation’s communications strategy and special projects, as assigned. The Communications & Special Projects Associate executes key Foundation messages, and works on website design and management, social media strategy and content, graphic design, publications, public relations and event management.
The ideal candidate is skilled at working independently and as part of a team; demonstrates professionalism, initiative and attention to detail; and possesses outstanding written and verbal communication skills. The position reports to the Communications Director (70%) and the Executive Director (30%).
Communications Responsibilities (70%):
- Uses Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Canva to design one pagers, web and social media graphics, and other materials as needed; suggests design ideas and is responsible for consistency with brand guidelines;
- Maintains Ohio Access to Justice website and executes approved website design and functionality improvements, including but not limited to utilizing Microsoft Power BI to build dashboards of key Foundation data;
- Develops and posts social media content for the Foundation; owns social media strategy
- Drafts, designs, edits and proofs content for key publications including annual reports, brochures and one pagers;
- Maintains news clips database and partners on media strategies;
- Maintains and organizes the Foundation’s photo and stock image library; serves as photographer for Foundation events; and,
- Develops video concepts; supports scheduling logistics and works with external videographer to execute video production.
Special Projects Responsibilities (30%):
- Responsible for special projects, as assigned, which may include things like organizing and supporting fellows’ retreats or managing logistics for assessments of grantee organizations;
- Reviews and inputs data from financial institutions and Department of Insurance; and,
- Maintains Foundation data and grants.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English or related field.
- 1-2 years of experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and InDesign; Canva; Google Analytics; Microsoft Office; WordPress; Microsoft Power BI; and Salesforce.
- Act as a brand steward, upholding brand standards and consistency in all projects
- Ability to multi-task and manage projects from inception to completion
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter explaining in detail their interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is July 29th, 2020.
The Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. No phone calls, please.